developerov.net -> S.O.S.
::  
hong wei

: 10.10.2018
: 9

: 12, 2018 1:30 am     : Sherrick McManis Jersey

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS (12-7)

OPEN CAMP: July 26 Myles Jack Jersey , Jacksonville

LAST YEAR: Earned first postseason berth since 2007 and made surprising run to AFC championship game, when Jaguars led New England by 10 points in fourth quarter before losing 24-20. Rode one of leagues top defenses featuring Pro Bowlers A.J. Bouye, Calais Campbell, Malik Jackson, Yannick Ngakoue and Jalen Ramsey to most successful season in nearly two decades. RB Leonard Fournette and LT Cam Robinson, both rookies, helped Jacksonville lead league in rushing.

IMPORTANT ADDITIONS: All-Pro LG Andrew Norwell, TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, CB D.J. Hayden, WRs Donte Moncrief and DJ Chark.

IMPORTANT LOSSES: WRs Allen Robinson and Allen Hurns, LB Paul Posluszny, CB Aaron Colvin, TE Marcedes Lewis, RB Chris Ivory, LG Patrick Omameh.

CAMP NEEDS: Stay healthy. Develop chemistry between QB Blake Bortles and revamped receiving corps that features newcomers Moncrief, Chark and Seferian-Jenkins. Bolster running game Norwell should help that faltered late last season, especially in playoffs. Stout defense returns 10 of 11 starters, which should allow coordinator Todd Wash to make seamless tweaks to stunts, blitzes and coverages to become more diverse.

EXPECTATIONS: With nearly every key starter and entire coaching staff back, Jaguars expect to be AFC contenders in Doug Marrones second season. They surely will be trendy pick to win AFC South and make consecutive postseason appearances for first time since 1998-99.

TENNESSEE TITANS (10-Cool

OPEN CAMP: July 25, Nashville, Tennessee

LAST YEAR: Titans swept Jacksonville but missed AFC South title after losing three straight in December. Winning first postseason game in 14 years with amazing comeback in Kansas City didnt save coach Mike Mularkey, not when he stuck with OC Terry Robiskie following ugly rout in New England.

IMPORTANT ADDITIONS: First-time head coach Mike Vrabel, defensive coordinator Dean Pees, offensive coordinator Matt LaFleur, CB Malcolm Butler, RB Dion Lewis, QB Blaine Gabbert, LB Rashaan Evans, LB Harold Landry.

IMPORTANT LOSSES: DC Dick LeBeau, RB DeMarco Murray, WR Eric Decker, LB Erik Walden, S DaNorris Searcy, QB Matt Cassel.

CAMP NEEDS: Sign Pro Bowl LT Taylor Lewan to contract extension. Lewan stayed away from mandatory minicamp to make clear he wants new deal instead of fifth-year option at $9.3 million. QB Marcus Mariota mastering another offense with third head coach. Develop WR Corey Davis and rest of young receiving group.

EXPECTATIONS: For so long, Vrabel was seen as future coaching star, and former Patriots linebacker gets no honeymoon period with franchise coming off consecutive 9-7 seasons. Mariota is going into fourth season and GM Jon Robinson has assembled this franchises most talented roster in decade, leaving division title and long playoff run as Titans next step.

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS (4-12)

OPEN CAMP: July 25, Westfield, Indiana

LAST YEAR: Andrew Luck missed entire season and Colts never recovered. They blew seven halftime leads, one short of NFL record. They scored 46 fourth-quarter points. Those numbers almost certainly wouldnt have been same with Luck. But there were other major problems. Indy allowed league-high 56 sacks and produced second-fewest sacks in league (25). Not surprisingly Authentic Tyquan Lewis Jersey , Colts missed playoffs for third straight season, wound up with first losing record since Peyton Manning missed entire 2011 season, and made coaching change.

IMPORTANT ADDITIONS: Lucks anticipated return from shoulder injury as well as returns of 2016 and 2017 first-round picks C Ryan Kelly and S Malik Hooker from injuries. Coach Frank Reich, rookie G Quenton Nelson, TE Eric Ebron, WR Ryan Grant, OL Matt Slauson, DL Denico Autry, DE Kemoko Turay, LB Darius Leonard, OG Braden Smith, DE Tyquan Lewis, RB Nyheim Hines.

IMPORTANT LOSSES: RB Frank Gore, CB Rashaan Melvin, S Darius Butler, DT Johnathan Hankins, WR Donte Moncrief.

CAMP NEEDS: LB, WR, pass rushers.

EXPECTATIONS: Luck has been throwing for more than one month and if hes healthy enough to start Sept. 9 opener against Bengals, teams outlook changes completely. Sure Colts have many other holes to fill and it will take more than one offseason to fill them. But if Luck gets back to old form, dont expect Indy to suffer same fate as 2017.

HOUSTON TEXANS (4-12)

OPEN CAMP: July 26, Greenbrier, West Virginia

LAST YEAR: Texans had first losing record since 2013 as they dealt with numerous injuries, including to rookie quarterback Deshaun Watson and superstar defensive end J.J. Watt. Watson was bright spot in disappointing season for his play in seven games before he tore anterior cruciate ligament in right knee in practice. He threw for 1,699 yards and 19 touchdowns, giving Texans hope theyve finally found franchise quarterback after years of misfires and disappointment. Another positive was continued improvement of 2014 top overall pick Jadeveon Clowney. Defensive end finished second in NFL with career-high 21 tackles for losses and his 9 sacks, 21 quarterback hits and two forced fumbles were also career bests. He had career-high 59 tackles and started all 16 games for first time in career after struggling with injuries in first two NFL seasons before playing 14 games in 2016

IMPORTANT ADDITIONS: S Tyrann Mathieu, G Senio Kelemete, G Zach Fulton, OT Seantrel Henderson, CB Aaron Colvin, QB Brandon Weeden.

IMPORTANT LOSSES: LB Brian Cushing, OT Jeff Allen, OL Xavier Sua-Filo.

CAMP NEEDS: Texans will have eye on two of their biggest stars who are returning to field after sustaining seas No-hitter or not, Mike Soroka knew the Braves would be cautious and not let him overexert his right shoulder.

The first time I even thought about what was going on was going out for the sixth, he said. It was happening so quickly. You get into a rhythm that way, and that wasnt bad as well.

Soroka did not allow a hit until the seventh inning, Freddie Freeman homered and drove in both runs, and the Atlanta Braves beat the struggling New York Mets 2-0 on Wednesday.

Soroka, the youngest pitcher in the major leagues and one of baseballs top prospects, returned from a shoulder strain that sidelined him since May 17 to outpitch NL ERA leader Jacob deGrom in a game that lasted only 2 hours Sam Darnold Jersey Elite , 12 minutes.

Making his fourth career start, Soroka (2-1) gave up one hit, one walk and struck out four in 6 1/3 innings . He had a simple game plan.

Pitch my game and let them adjust to my game as opposed to the other way around, Soroka said. I think we did a really good job of that.

Freeman, the NL batting leader, has hit safely in 23 of his past 24 games. He drove in the first run with a single in the fourth off deGrom (4-2). He homered off Jeremy Blevins in the eighth .

Freeman has five homers in his past seven games and 14 overall.

Atlanta manager Brian Snitker said that Soroka would be on a pitch count, so it was no surprise when he replaced him with A.J. Minter after Michael Conforto singled to begin the seventh after 74 pitches.

The Mets have lost 10 of their past 11 and 17 of their past 21. They went 3-6 at SunTrust Park this season against the NL East-leading Braves.

DeGrom (4-2) allowed seven hits and one run and struck out seven in seven innings and threw 86 pitches. He began the game leading with majors with a 0.81 ERA since April 21, but trailed 1-0 in the fourth when Dansby Swanson doubled with one out and scored on Freemans single.

The punchless Mets have scored 10 runs in their past 87 innings. Theyve lost deGroms past five outings even though hes allowed only five runs over that span.

He threw seven really stressful innings, especially the last couple of innings, New York manager Mickey Callaway said. He had to grind thorough there and did a great job of keeping us in the game and giving us a chance to win like he does every time.

Conforto moved to second on a wild pitch by Soroka in the seventh, but didnt advance when Minter struck out Brandon Nimmo and Jay Bruce popped up. Sorokas other base runner was Bruce, who walked to begin the second and was erased on a double play.

Arodys Vizcaino earned his 12th save in 14 chances in a shaky ninth. Nimmo doubled with two outs, advancing Conforto to third, before Bruce popped up to end it.

DeGrom said he wasnt blaming teammates for the lack of run support, but third baseman Todd Frazier summed up the state of the Mets offense.

After the game, I said, `Dude, Im sorry. I dont know whats going on. I dont know why were not producing for you, Frazier said. We talk about trying too hard. Maybe were trying too hard when hes pitching, but a guy throws like that, he works fast. He was just dominant.

STILL SCORCHING

Facing a shift in the fourth, Freeman hit an opposite-field single, improving his average since the start of 2013 with runners in scoring position to .361, best in the majors over that span.

Hes hitting .413 against the Mets in 12 games this year and has a .318 average, 22 homers and 94 RBIs in 134 games against the Mets, but his thoughts were mostly on his mother. Wednesday marked the death of Rosemary Freeman, who passed away from skin cancer when Freddie was 8 years old.

I dont know if Ive ever done well on this day, he said. Its hard to keep my emotions in check. We lost her way too young. I hit that really high, I know I hit it good, but I think she pulled that one over for me today.

TRAINERS ROOM

Mets: RHP Noah Syndergaard has been prescribed more rest after getting a second opinion on a strained ligament in his index finger. Callaway said Syndergaards right finger is tender to the touch. Syndergaard, on the disabled list retroactive to May 26, was examined Tuesday in New York. There is no immediate timetable for his return.

Braves: RHP Julio Teheran, out since June 5 with a right thumb contusion, is eligible to come off the disabled list Friday, but the Braves have yet to announce their rotation for the weekend.

UP NEXT

Mets: LHP Steven Matz (2-4, 3.53 ERA) threw a season-high 105 pitches in his previous start, a no-decision against the Yankees. Hell face Matt Koch (4-3, 4.20) as the Mets open a series against the Diamondbacks.

Braves: RHP Anibal Sanchez (2-0, 2.37 ERA) will try for his first victory in six starts against San Diego against the Padres Tyson Ross (5-3, 3.43).

1 1