FAQFAQ             

David Johnson

developerov.net -> S.O.S.
::  
chen jian

: 02.07.2018
: 73

: 08, 2018 5:27 am     : David Johnson

Sean Newcomb is maturing quickly in his second full season in the majors.

I think Im doing a better job of just managing everything in general Authentic Justus Annunen Jersey , Newcomb said. Looking back at old starts and taking all the positives from it rather than beating myself up about it or trying to overdo something the next start.

The 25-year-old Newcomb pitched six scoreless innings, Charlie Culberson homered, and the Atlanta Braves beat the San Diego Padres 1-0 on Saturday.

The NL East-leading Braves improved to 25-7 when their starter pitches at least six innings, and Newcomb has been a big reason for the success.

A winner in eight of his last nine decisions, Newcomb (8-2) allowed two hits, walked one and struck out seven. He retired the last 13 batters he faced and is 6-0 with a 1.35 ERA when starting after the Braves lost their previous game.

Dan Winkler faced four batters in the seventh, A.J. Minter faced the minimum in the eighth and closer Arodys Vizcaino earned his 14th save in 16 chances by working through a shaky ninth.

Hunter Renfroe doubled with one out, and pinch-hitter Cory Spangenburg got plunked in the right side before Vizcaino struck out Franmil Reyes and retired Freddy Galvis on a grounder.

Jordan Lyles (2-4) allowed two base runners a single by Dansby Swanson in the first and another by Culberson in the second before Culbersons third homer made it 1-0 in the fifth.

Lyles turned in a solid performance after entering the game 0-1 with a 6.35 ERA in three career starts and one relief appearance against Atlanta. He gave up five hits and struck out six in his best outing since pitching 7 1/3 scoreless innings against Colorado on May 15.

We got ahead of guys (in the count) unlike we did back home against these guys, but overall not too many hard-hit balls, Lyles said. Just the one mistake to Charlie.

Braves starters began the day ranked fourth in the majors with a 3.35 ERA and they improved to 5-1 with a 1.09 ERA in their last 10 home games. Newcomb has been particularly tough on San Diego, pitching six scoreless innings in each of his three career starts.

He went out in the sixth and had a 3-0 count on that first hitter and just kind of locked in, Atlanta manager Brian Snitker said. It was really good. How he doesnt panic, how hes always staying pitch to pitch and just going to work. You expect that out of him now.

Jose Pirela doubled to begin the game and advanced to third before Newcomb struck out Christian Villaneuva and Franmil Reyes. That was the only trouble he faced.

There were some power guys that I was trying to attack, Newcomb said. I didnt want them to hit something soft and do something with it. I knew Id get some in the top of the zone. I was doing that. It was good.

The Padres had won three of four and 12 of 17 Olivier Rodrigue Oilers Jersey , but dropped to 34-39, last in the NL West.

They didnt match up well again with Newcomb, who has six starts when not allowing a run, most in the majors this year.

Theres a profile of a guy thats tough for our group collectively a guy thats throwing fastballs by us in the top of the zone, San Diego manager Andy Green said. I think people can see that. We have to shorten up and connect and werent able to do that today.

STILL STREAKING

Braves 1B Freddie Freeman went 1 for 3 and has hit safely in 26 of 27 for a .377 average since May 19. He leads the NL in batting average, hits, on-base percentage, slugging percentage and total bases.

SHORT PAUSE

The game was delayed 25 minutes by rain in the middle of the sixth.

BIG CROWD

The Braves announced their fifth sellout this year and 41,916 tickets sold, the largest crowd in SunTrust Parks two-year history.

TRAINERS ROOM

Padres: RF Wil Myers, sidelined 44 games with a strained left oblique, has gone 2 for 8 with one RBI in two rehab games with Triple-A El Paso. Myers, who hit a combined 58 homers the last two years, might return next week.

Braves: LF Ronald Acuna Jr. ran the bases vigorously before the game and told manager Brian Snitker immediately afterward that he was ready to go. Acuna has been sidelined since May 28 with a sprained left knee sprain and bruises to his knee and lower back. Snitker said he will report to extended spring training in Orlando by Monday before beginning a rehab assignment. RHP Mike Foltynewicz was placed on the 10-day disabled list with triceps tightness. After Foltynewicz threw a bullpen session Saturday Chris Iannetta Colorado Rockies Jersey , the team decided to give him extra rest in hopes of bringing him back next weekend. The team hopes he returns next weekend.

UP NEXT

Padres: Green has yet to announce a starter for Sundays series finale, but will use relief pitchers throughout.

Braves: RHP Julio Teheran has been reinstated from the disabled list and will make his 14th start this season and 10th of his career against San Diego. Teheran missed over a week with a sore thumb. He is 0-3 with a 6.14 ERA in his last four starts.

Sam Bradford has arrived in Arizona, acknowledging his difficult history with injuries but saying he feels fine now as he prepares to start at quarterback for the Cardinals under new coach Steve Wilks.

There has been, definitely, some dark times, Bradford said at his introductory news conference Friday. You fight through that process and every time you turn that corner and youre able to get yourself back on the field. I feel like Ive come back mentally tougher and mentally stronger than I was the time before.

The Cardinals called Bradfords deal a two-year contract, although the second is a club option. He can earn up to $20 million next season, with $15 million guaranteed.

Bradford, the 2008 Heisman Trophy winner at Oklahoma and the No. 1 overall pick in the 2010 draft, is known for his strong and accurate arm but he has struggled with injuries.

After being named NFL offensive rookie of the year in 2010, Bradford tore his left ACL in the 2013 and 2014 seasons. He was traded to Philadelphia in 2015.

Bradford signed with Minnesota in 2016 and started 15 games, completing 71 percent of his passes for 3,877 yards and 20 touchdowns with five interceptions. But he missed most of last season after undergoing surgery to repair a torn meniscus.

I feel good right now, he said. Obviously Jerome Baker Color Rush Jersey , last year was difficult, but after the procedure I had in November I was able to rehab and get myself back in position to play and was able to suit up the two playoff games in Minnesota.

When asked about Vikings coach Mike Zimmers statement that Bradford had a degenerative knee condition, Bradford said, Im not sure what that means, to be honest.

Look, obviously theres some wear and tear on my knee, he said. Ive been through a lot with it, but all I can tell you is how I feel right now and really where its gone since I had the procedure in November. Its done nothing but get better and I feel good at the moment.

He has appeared in 80 games all as a starter for the St. Louis Rams, Philadelphia and Minnesota.

Last seasons injury was particularly devastating, Bradford said, because he was playing well on a team loaded with talent. In the season opener on a Monday night against New Orleans, Bradford completed 27 of 32 passes for 346 yards, three touchdowns and a career-best 143.0 passer rating, earning him NFC offensive player of the week honors. He was injured the following week.

I think last year was definitely the hardest because I knew how special a group we had last year Robbie Grossman Minnesota Twins Jersey , Bradford said. Going into the year, we all thought that we had an opportunity to do something. I felt like I played really well during training camp. In week one, I played great, and I felt really good about where we were as a team. To not be able to do it again, yeah, it was tough.

The 30-year-old quarterback acknowledged the injuries to wear on him.

It seems like each time, its a little bit tougher mentally, Bradford said. As you get older, you just realize how precious each game is and how few of these opportunities you are given. So each time its taken away from you, its a little bit harder because you realize what youre missing out on. To not be able to compete on Sundays, thats the tough part about it.

Before agreeing with Bradford, the Cardinals had no QBs on their roster after the retirement of Carson Palmer and the departure of free agents Drew Stanton and Blaine Gabbert. The Cardinals now have Bradfords backup lined up after signing Mike Glennon following his release by the Chicago Bears. Glennon gets a two-year deal worth $8 million. The Cardinals probably will add a third quarterback in the draft.

Now, once again, Bradford has to learn a new offense. He said he really doesnt know offensive coordinator Mike McCoy but talked to him this week. McCoy has said he would build an offense around the things his quarterback does best.

Bradford said he had other opportunities but chose Arizona because of the roster. He also likes that the Cardinals play on grass in front of perennial sellout crowds.

He mentioned the return of running back David Johnson http://www.lionsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-da_shawn-hand-jersey , who missed all last season after breaking his wrist in the season opener. And, of course, theres wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald.

Ive never played with a guy like that before, Bradford said. Yeah, Ive played with some good receivers, but when you talk about Fitz, hes in a class that very few guys are in. To be a part of that and to get to play with him, its probably one of the best opportunities of my career.

NOTES: In addition, the Cardinals signed ex-Cincinnati offensive tackle Andre Smith to a two-year contract and re-signed inside linebacker Josh Bynes to a three-year deal. Offensive lineman Vinston Painter re-signed for a one-year contract. Arizona was awarded its waiver claim on linebacker Jeremy Cash and released defensive lineman Josh Mauro.

1 1